Sunday, September 25, 2011

Camping!

Last week I made a quiet and unceremonious exit from Facebook. And I haven't looked back. I am hoping that I have the willpower to make this a permanent hiatus. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Facebook is a necessarily bad thing---I just don't like what it had become in my life. So, sayonara! (I wonder if there is a support group for former Facebookers, is that what Google+ is about??) My vanity still feels the need to share with those who care the loveliness of my children and the incredibleness of my life (smell the sarcasm? I hope so.) I am going to *try* to post here once a week with the typical, "and here's Emy doing this...and here's Isaac doing that...and look, Aiden does still exist," you know, the exciting stuff. Onward!


We went camping this past weekend with some friends of ours Sabina and Rainer. They are from Germany and speak German most of the time. We suspect they were talking about us right in front of our faces, but we didn't mind because they brought a huge tub of Nutella. But seriously folks, we had a great time. They are great fun to be around AND they understand our sense of humor, which goes a long way with me. Their daughter Maya is just a few months older than Emy and, well, is a *tad* strong willed. She has a head full of curly hair and an adorable smile that you rarely see, but when you do it is such a gift. Their son Nicholas has a shock of red hair and gets along with both Aiden and Isaac beautifully. Aiden had only one complaint--"I can't understand him sometimes because if he doesn't know the English word for something he just says the German word and I don't know German!" Ha! At least he's trying to communicate with you buddy. Sabina is a runner, like a crazy marathon runner...one of those people. And she is fabulous in every way, except for making me feel skinny. Rainer is around 8 feet tall and just ordered a road bike so you will probably see pictures of our spandex-clad husbands here at some point. Get the eye bleach ready. (FYI--I am sparing you guys from WAY too many pictures taken, although, I am going to do a post with just nature shots. I'm sorry in advance.)




Much with the cuteness


Pacibiner



Walking stick



Would it be wrong to just leave them in there?


Andy, the Maya whisperer



Father and daughter moment. 1,2,3.....awwwwwwwww.



Rainer unplugging and relaxing





Andy doing the opposite



Those boys were a'runnin!




Breakfast!




What's wrong with poor Aiden's arm you ask? He has a small blister...let me rephrase...he HAD a small blister on his palm. Attention seek much? (I remember doing this same thing when I was his age-ish, so he comes by it honestly.)



Emy in the igloo.



Aiden bravely slept in the hammock Friday night. Now, I'm not saying if he fell out or not in the middle of the night but he did sleep in the trailer Saturday night.



I love how Isaac has Nicholas's mouse tucked under his right armpit.



I think my hat is crooked.


9 comments:

Frank Irwin said...

Hurray for family pics!

At least Aiden is wearing a cool shirt. That somewhat cancels out the over abundance of bandage.

Sarah G. said...

It's about time!! Welcome back to the blogosphere. I look forward to the snarky comments and photos. See you soon I hope. xoxo

Tys said...

Well, hello there my friend! Looks like a good time! :)

Cody said...

This is great Kate! I'm going to miss you on fb though! I get it though. Great photos!

Ellie Davis said...

looks like fun!! welcome back and I can't wait to see some new posts...FINALLY!

Bev said...

Such cuteness! All of you, seriously, are adorable.

I'm glad you're blogging so we can keep in touch! I miss you on FB, but I completely understand. I sometimes wish I could walk away from it too, but alas, my complete and utter addiction combined with my paying gigs keep me from ditching it completely. But I am trying to visit less!

Kate said...

Thanks guys! Glad you are friends to me.

Claroux said...

YAY! Welcome back. I "quit" FB as well a few months ago and I couldn't be happier! Yeah, I sort of miss seeing all the pics of my friends' kids and such but I don't miss having all my shit out there on display. I'm looking forward to "hearing" from you more in blog world now. I've been making a super-slow re-entry myself.

BTW - I LOVE the short hair! I wish I could pull that off!!!!

Kate said...

Thanks Claroux! I don't think I could grow my hair out even if I wanted to. It would have some really awful in-between stages.

I am missing some of the people that I only interacted with on facebook, but overall it has been a good thing.

*off to check life with twins* (I don't think I have looked at it in a month.)