
By nature I am not at all a "girly girl," but one must have a little pink when a daughter is soon to arrive. For the record, Emy's room WILL NOT be pink. It will be a muted cream and green with bright accents (lots of polka dots and birds.) The first thing that I have made for her room is this
Amy Butler Gumdrop Pillow. It's kind of like a big pillowy bean bag. The boys absolutely love it, so I now have to make them each one. I am also planning on recovering (poorly) the glider cushions, making a crib skirt and an awning for the window. Before all of that is installed I have to transistion Isaac to the bunk beds in Aiden's room. I am avoiding this like the plague. Isaac loves his crib. When you go in to get him in the morning he likes for you to sit on the ottoman and watch him play in the crib for a few minutes before getting out. I have never seen a child so attached to his bed!

My newest favorite thing to make is this kimono top for babies. My cyber-friend,
Ashley**, posted a link to this pattern on her website, and I immediately made two of them right after downloading the pattern
here, from
Habitual. Habitual (whoever she may be) is brilliant and wonderfully creative. The above outfit I made for a sweet friend of mine who will be having a little girl (after having two boys--just like me) in just a couple of weeks.

This
pattern for this sundress can also be found at Habitual. I made this dress for some friends of ours whose daughter is turning 3. What I love about this particular dress is that the material I used comes from a duvet I made for Aiden when he had his Auburn (WAR DAMN EAGLE) room.

We are doing a little updating to our master bathroom. What you see here is wallpaper that was under the large woodframed mirror that hung over our disgusting faded black marble countertop. Look closely, yep, those are antiquey looking toilets. Tacky much? Hmmmm.....too bad we can't have that all over our bathroom. It's so dang purty; I know you're jealous.
**I owe props to Ashley. She has inspired me to take more chances and attempt things that I wouldn't ordinarily attempt. She is a brilliant graphic designer, incredible artist, creator extraordnaire, sewing queen and supermom to 3 beautiful children. Most of the sewing projects I do I have seen on her blog first. Thank you so much Ashley for helping me branch out! Maybe someday we will meet!
20 comments:
What wonderful treasures! I'm a blockhead when it comes to sewing. I can knit (a little) but anything else is a mystery.
And toilet wallpaper in the bathroom! How original!! :)
Wow. That is the most fabulous wallpaper I have ever seen. I know you're not covering it back up.
And...I love the pillow thingy! Too cute! And the kimono top & the dress are adorable too. You're just so dang fancy.
Calico--I can knit a little too, but only scarves and hats on a round loom....I am stymied by the rest of it! What types of things do you make? And yeah, toilet wallpaper? Not so much creative...tacky yes, creative no.
Shannon--You know you want it for your bathroom. Molly will be getting a smaller version of the pillow for her birthday. I need to find some fabulous fabric. Maybe Elmo or Caillou?
crafty lady! I think you should do something cool with that wallpaper - greeting cards, perhaps?
hey i started posting again over on Cheastypants, just FYI!
You are so talented!! Well done!!! Where do you find the time??
I would love to get ahold of one of those kimono outfits - do you think that you could do one long sleeve in Kat's size - 12 or 18 months. I know that she is two and still wearing small clothes - don't judge! I just wish I could wear small clothes - only then my large derrier wouldn't fit in them. I digress.
Is this the boring post you referred to? I see 5 comments!
Geez, ya big baby! Here I am.
Um, love the wallpaper. Ours is pictures of plungers. We're quite fond of it.
Frank--You smartass. You know what I meant. Don't make me come to Austin tomorrow and smack you!
Samsmama--I know, right? I am so whiny. It really was a boring, uninteresting post (except to someone who sews.) I got done with it and thought "Well that's about as uninspired as it gets." Seriously though, my feelings were/are not hurt. I was quite amused actually. And plungers? Love it!
Oh, Kate, you tease me so!
hi there, kate. i love the kimono...it was one of my first sewing projects. not sure if i can get away with putting it in the boys now. good luck with the haircut, it stings a little less now that washing their hair in the tub is easier. :)
WHOOPS! How could I have missed this post? I am a terrible bloggy buddy. I apologize, dear Kate. Please forgive me!
Oh, and toilet wallpaper is tacky? Oops!
aaah - you big guilt tripper... after packing my bags for the guilt trip you laid on everyone I figured I'd travel on over here to make a comment ;) Okay, seriously - kimono tops are awesome because it doesn't press against the umbilical (I'm sure that's spelled wrong but I'm too lazy to type) stub when the baby is tiny.
crap - after all that now my comment must be moderated before it gets posted?!? ;)
Frank--I will be in Houston tomorrow, just a hop, skip and a jump from you and Cheasty. We are moving mid-November and I WILL meet you whether you like it or not.
Mames--I remember seeing the kimono on your blog and wishing that someday I would be able to do something like that. You never know unless you try! We went for the haircut, and he looks like such a big boy...still cute though.
Jillinator--I know, I suck. That was quite tacky of me! Ordinarily I am not that bitchy (yes I am) or whiny (but damn it, I'm pregnant!) At least I turned off the word verification, right? Thanks for visiting!
Bev--Like I said to Samsmama, I really wasn't worried about it but wanted to see reactions when I did say something. All of you have been so wonderful, and I have enjoyed getting to know all of you so much. You always make me laugh! Have a great weekend! (I am sure you and Mala will do something scandalous.)
Well, then, Kate, I think that I can also speak for the Amazing Cheastypants when I say, "Hop, skip, and jump on over here!"
:-)
OMG you are awesome. No this is not a sudden revelation, as I found you awesome before hand. But damn girl, you can sew? Cute outfits..absolutely adorable.
Okay the wallpaper is tacky..but you should keep a square and frame it or something. Like put "TRASH" over it and hang it above the tiny trash can. What? I kind of like it..a little.
That pillow would make a great pimp hat. Seriously.
Kate, ya big baby-makin' softy, I (lovingly & somewhat sarcastically) linked to this post today. I promise to be more observant to you, one of my top commenters, whose comments light up my life! (too much?)
I won't let it happen again! Mea culpa!
Also, you are pregnant, so whine away! And go eat something fattening for me, k?
WOWSA. sorry im so behind on the blog...you are too sweet...and we WILL meet! ;) your projects look incredible. love the birdcage fabric...great job!
Post a Comment