Things are going very well with both boys. Aiden is enjoying his day camp at the YMCA and is going on a field trip to the Tennessee Aquarium tomorrow. He is very excited about this. We went to the Georgia Aquarium last year and Aiden absolutely loved it. He really has a love of science...let's hope it sticks with him!
Isaac went to the cardiologist today to follow-up on his VSD (ventricular septal defect--hole in the heart.) It is still very, very small and his heart murmur was almost impossible to hear. The cardiologist was very pleased and told us that he should have no problems playing football for Auburn! Andy and I decided that once he was done playing ball he could ride the Tour de France. They also found that he has another cardiac anomaly. He was diagnosed as having a bilateral superior vena cava, which means that he has a vena cava on both the left and right. Dr. Colvin said that this will not cause any problems and does not affect the performance of the heart. It is merely something that is fascinating to cardiologists. Isaac weighed in at 8 lbs. 12 oz and is 21 1/2 inches long. A growing boy!
The four of us are travelling to Bedford, Texas next week to visit my parents. We are all looking forward to this vacation! Aiden cannot wait to swim in Papa's pool; we are all eager to see how well he can dive. His uncle Adam taught him how a few weeks ago. I am a little bit nervous about how well Isaac will do on the plane. I hope that he doesn't cry the whole time; I would hate to be "that guy." At least it's a short flight!
1 comment:
Those are indeed precious photos. I can't believe how mature Isaac looks. But then, the last we saw of Isaac, he was a little over two weeks old. Precious, precious boys.
Post a Comment