Isaac Ellis Sawyer made his debut on June 6, 2007 at 8:49 a.m. He weighed 6 lbs 0.8 ozs and was 18.5 inches long. He made it very clear almost immediately that his lungs were perfectly formed and functioning perfectly. It was a very exciting morning, however, it was not rushed. Andy and I got to the hospital at 6:30 and were the only patients there. It felt as if everyone was there just for us. Andy was able to hold him in the operating room and held him to me so that I could give him a kiss and get a good look at him (through all of the tears....) I got to hold him for the first time in the recovery room. It was amazing! Our hospital stay was uneventful and we came home on June 10th....with our baby. He has been an incredible baby and I feel much better than I did the last 5 weeks of pregnancy---even with the sleep deprivation! Aiden was instantly smitten with his baby brother and takes the job of big brother very seriously. He has been a tremendous help; We are so proud of him. Thank you to everyone for all of your help, thoughts and prayers.
1 comment:
He's beautiful! Congrats.
Post a Comment